Building Resilient Teachers
A Program to Help Teachers Stress Less and Enjoy Teaching More
Increasingly, both new and experienced teachers are feeling overwhelmed by pressures due to changes in curriculum, technology and students' and parents' attitudes. This Course is based on the Institute's model of resilience developed over thirty years experience in providing courses designed to enhance personal growth and give participants a greater ability to deal with stress. We focus on practices that lead to emotional stability and self-confidence and developing an understanding of practical strategies which give teachers the resilience to deal with stress. The over-arching framework of 5 key domains involves learning skills to handle situations with greater insight and awareness.
Teachers will learn:
- 5 keys for improving energy, concentration and satisfaction.
- How to manage emotion when dealing with conflict.
- Techniques to prevent teacher burn-out and improve the ability to switch off.
- 12 practical strategies for enhancing self-worth, a powerful buffer against stress.
- Ways to improve mood, sleep and vitality.
- Constructive ways to deal with anxious parents and students.
- How to make personal changes that last.
- “I found new aspects and attitudes to help me in both areas, personal and professional. I feel that I have some new tools to work on to help make me a better me.”
- “I found it all to be very beneficial and can take away and use at work and home many strategies. In particular I really enjoyed the relaxation and meditation techniques. A most enjoyable and in-touch day - fantastic.”
- “Really enjoyed the practical techniques. A good balance I feel of what and why…facilities and presenters A+.”
- “The frank and open conversations around the group specific to our circumstances gave invaluable advice and comfort. More please!”
- “One of the most beneficial PDs I have ever attended.”
The Program can be delivered in various formats:
1. 5 Session After-school Program
The program can be delivered weekly or fortnightly in a 2-hour after-school timeslot. This works well for participants and allows time for implementation of strategies between sessions.
2. One Day Teacher Intensive
The aim of the One Day Program is to share a framework and practical strategies for building resilience. It covers the five elements of the Institute's Building Teacher Resilience model. The Program is suitable for groups of 6 - 15, which allows attention to individual issues. It can be run for larger groups, eg as a program for all staff on Pupil-Free Days.
3. Two Day Workshop
The Two Day format allows for more attention to individual issues facing teachers in managing difficult parents, children and colleagues, while not becoming emotionally drained by these interactions.
4. Teacher Intensive Follow-ups
All skills need reinforcement and the Follow-up sessions are designed to clarify issues and consolidate practice from the Teacher Intensives.
Contact us to discuss your needs:
Phone: 07 4661 3340